This enrichment offers something for everyone. Whether you are a regular theatre goer, an enthusiastic performer, a talented designer or perhaps someone who wants to improve their confidence, we offer a range of exciting options within this programme.
Through taking part in our many different productions, you will gain invaluable skills in teamwork, confidence and creativity, There is nothing quite like the buzz of rehearsing in a professional theatre and performing to your friends and family. Pupils are often sad when a production finishes and cannot wait for the next one to start!
Performing is not for everyone so we have created a programme that allows each pupil to experience the arts in a range of different ways including set design, film production, and costume making. We like to work together as a team both onstage and backstage. Our pupils have created some fantastic publicity posters and programmes for our productions. We are very lucky to have a Resident Artist who works with pupils to create set and costume.
Years 7 and 8
- Performance: a play or musical performed to an audience during performing arts week
- Outdoor Theatre: this activity takes place in the woods and parkland around Finborough. Pupils have to build a set, create a story and then film it for their audience.
- Samba Band: we have a fantastic samba kit and teacher at Finborough. Pupils form a Samba band and learn how to use the drums and create short performances.
- Fashion Show: we use recycled goods to create interesting fashion ideas and costume for the school performances.
Years 9 – 13
- Film Production
- Publicity – Posters and Programmes
- Set and Costume Design
- Film Appreciation
- Contemporary Dance
- Shakespeare on Stage
- School Of Rock
There are of course many other ways in which you can get involved with the arts at Finborough. We offer LAMDA classes in Acting and Voice and Speech. These classes lead to examinations and the credits can be used towards UCAS points for University entries. Every year, several pupils participate in both the Suffolk and Sudbury Festivals both as solo performers and as part of choral groups, Chamber Choir and Group Drama. Performing Arts Week is held in March every year and is a chance for us to celebrate the arts, we have a different performance each evening from GCSE and A Level performance work to LAMDA presentations to School Of Rock!
We are very lucky to work with professional actors and dancers throughout the year. This year, star of the West End, Amy Pemberton ran a series of workshops on working in the professional theatre.