All pupils are expected to wear school uniform (as per the uniform kit lists) during the school day and to follow the school rules and guidelines relating to hair and jewellery.
Uniform should be worn neatly and should be kept clean and in good order. Shoes should be cleaned regularly. Shirts should be tucked in to trousers and skirts and, when appropriate, collars fastened and ties done up to the neck.
Shoes should be plain black leather and should not be trainer like in appearance. Girls should not wear sling backs or sandals and heels should not be more than one inch, for health and safety reasons.
Senior School Uniform (Year 7 – Year 11)
- No lip stick/lip gloss or blusher (lip balm or Vaseline may be worn, in order to protect the lips.)
- No coloured nails (you may wear natural or clear nail varnish to protect nails) and nails must not sit more than 2mm above the top of the finger
- No piercings other than the ear lobe – studs in silver, gold, white or blue-no bigger than 0.5 cm and no dangly ear-rings (boys are not permitted to wear earrings).
- Hair must not be dyed outside the normal range – e.g. a blonde person dying their hair black, or any other colours such as red or purple. This includes any streaks or highlights
No hair accessories-such as flowers, stars, diamonds, braids
- Hair longer than the top of the collar must be tied up with school coloured hair bands and/or grips. All hair is to be kept off the face and should be free from thick layers of gel. Hairstyles must not include steps or lines and should not be so short as to leave the scalp visible
- Boys must be clean shave.
- Pupils may wear one ring, a wrist watch and a charity band
- In Years 9-10 pupils may wear a small amount of mascara and eye shadow–lightly applied and subtle, and a small amount of foundation, so as to hide any skin imperfections but not so that it alters the natural colour of the skin
- Plain blue or black coat with no obvious logos, school coloured scarf, hat and gloves
- Boys wear white shirts (long or short sleeved), school tie, school jumper and tailored mid-grey trousers or shorts with grey socks.
- Girls wear white shirts (long or short sleeved), school tie, school skirt (worn on or below the knee), school cardigan and knee high navy school socks, (white ankle socks, not trainer socks, may be worn in the summer term, and navy winter tights from October to March)
For both boys and girls, warmer coats may be worn in the winter, in addition to suit jackets. Coats must be smart and neutral coloured without logos. Leather or denim jackets and hoodies are not allowed.
The school reserves the right to make the judgement about the suitability of hairstyles and colours and will take action if pupils return to school with unsatisfactory hair.
- Boarders will be excluded from classes and school activities until their hair is deemed satisfactory
- Boarders will be sent to the hairdressers and/or asked to purchase a home hair-dye kit in order to re-dye their hair. The cost will have to be met by parents
- Day pupils will be sent home until their hair is deemed satisfactory
- Flagrant breaches of these guidelines will be dealt with through the normal disciplinary procedures of the school.