All students are expected to arrive daily in attire suitable to be worn at a high end office. Students should wear office dress unless sports kit is deemed appropriate and students are to follow the school rules and guidelines relating to hair and jewellery.
Office dress should be worn neatly and should be kept clean and in good order. Shoes should be cleaned regularly. Shirts should be tucked into trousers and skirts, collars fastened and ties done up to the neck.
Shoes should be plain black leather and should not be trainer like in appearance. Girls should not wear sling backs or sandals and heels should not be more than one inch, for health and safety reasons.
- A dark (blue, dark grey or black) two-piece lounge suit and shirt, accompanied by a tie, dark socks and black shoes
- Hair should be no longer than the top of the collar, subtly styled, without steps, lines or excessive use of products. Fringes should be cut or clipped back out of the eyes. Hair should not be unnaturally coloured or highlighted or so short as to reveal the scalp. All boys should be clean-shaven
- Inconspicuous jewellery and no piercings. (The school cannot accept responsibility for the safe-keeping of jewellery)
- A dark (blue, dark grey or black) two-piece suit with a blouse, dark socks or plain tights and black flat or very low heeled shoes. The suit can be trouser, skirt or dress (at or just above the knee) with matching jacket
- Inconspicuous jewellery and no facial piercings. (The school cannot accept responsibility for the safe-keeping of jewellery) Plain studs or sleepers for girls’ pierced ears – to be worn in the ear lobe
- Long hair and fringes will need to be tied back in some subjects and hair should not be unnaturally coloured or highlighted
- Make up, if any, should be subtle, with a natural look. Nail polish should be a neutral colour and nails should be no longer than 2mm above the top of the nail
For both boys and girls, warmer coats may be worn in the winter, in addition to suit jackets. Coats must be smart and neutral coloured without logos. Leather or denim jackets and hoodies are not allowed.
The school reserves the right to make the judgement about the suitability of hairstyles and colours and will take action if pupils return to school with unsatisfactory hair.
- Boarders will be excluded from classes and school activities until their hair is deemed satisfactory
- Boarders will be sent to the hairdressers and/or asked to purchase a home hair-dye kit in order to re-dye their hair. The cost will have to be met by parents
- Day pupils will be sent home until their hair is deemed satisfactory
- Flagrant breaches of these guidelines will be dealt with through the normal disciplinary procedures of the school.